Brook Street are looking for a Receptionist to work at the STFC Main Reception which is the public face of Rutherford Appleton Laboratories, with a team of receptionists delivering and portraying a professional and efficient image for the organisation. With the intial contract through to the end of July 2020. There can be very busy periods and a wide range of issues to resolve within the reception remit:
- Greeting all visitors to site and contacting their host, issuing the appropriate passes, giving instructions and directing them to their rendezvous
- Carrying out Switchboard duties. Directing external and internal enquiries and fielding of any inappropriate calls (cold calls, etc.)
- Providing a professional front line response to vistors and fielding STFC phone queries
- Contributing to effective security of site, including pass checks, maintaining a persona non grata list, fielding unsolicited visitors and managing the arrival of children to the building
- Operate and maintain the site card access system in relation to the issuing of passes and managing area clearances (upholding security of the facilities).
- Basic administrative support during a site emergency
- Collating and issuing train tickets and notifying the traveller by email / telephone that the tickets are ready for collection from Reception
- Supporting meetings and visits that are held on site by ensuring the provision of passes, parking permits, site maps, signage
- Providing visitors with STFC wireless network internet access (user name and password) on request
- Print the daily schedules for the meeting rooms in and check the room condition to ensure its setup correctly for meetings, booking catering etc
- To provide a local interface for the raising and progressing of reactive maintenance issues with the Estates Team which relate to the building.
- Provide general administrative support to the wider organisation as required
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Five GCSE passes at Grade C or above
- Administrative experience with a good knowledge of and experience in using Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Completion of BPSS Level A screening
- Prepare to undergo National Security Vetting to SC Level (post employment)
- Reliable and punctual
- Recent experience in a customer facing role
This is an ASAP start. You must be available immediately. If this sounds like a role for you please contact Katie on 01189637482 or email for more information.