Receptionist - The Ministry of Justice
Location: Wakefield / Huddersfield / Dewsbury
Salary: £8.91ph to £9.41
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
Hours of work are shift work that vary between 8:45 - 21:00 (Mon-Thurs) and 8:30 - 4:30 (Fri). The successful candidate can expect standard business hours most days, but flexibility is key. Start times can be discussed to fit around the individuals needs for the right person for the job.
Higher rate of pay would apply from 7pm - 9pm
This is an ongoing temporary position with the possibility of a further extension at the discretion of the business requirements.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Receptionist to join the Team at the National Probation Service with our client, The Ministry of Justice based in three sites across West Yorkshire. The role will include working as part of a flexible team. This is a very interesting role, carrying out effective and efficient administration and customer care support to the probation. You would need to provide administration support ensuring staff & service users are supported through efficient processes.
- To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary
- To be first point of contact for partner businesses that reside within the same building
- To handle all queries, referring on when unable to resolve
- To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
- To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal
- To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
- To support the allocation and booking of hot desks, car parking and pool cars as required
- To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
- To assist in maintaining Health and Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of fire alarms, testing panic alarms, monitoring CCTV and assisting evacuation measures
- To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
- To ensure faults are reported and servicing requests for equipment are made with suppliers and contractors
- To assist with scanning and archiving as required
- To access databases for information as necessary and input information as required
- To practice safer working and adhere to data protection, confidentiality policies and legislation
- To order office stationery in liaison with the line manager
What we are looking for:
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to speak confidently within a team- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to deal with challenging customers
- Excellent sickness record
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
- Previous Health and Safety knowledge desirable
*Please note working for the Ministry of Justice will require you to have photographic ID. This can be a Full-length Birth Certificate supported by a driving or provisional licence in your current address OR an in-date passport.
You MUST be able to pass a criminal (DBS) check*