Brook street are pleased to offer a rare temporary assignment with the National Probation Service based in Portsmouth who are looking for a Receptionist to join the team.
- Full time - 37 hours per week
- Start Date: ASAP
- Location - Portsmouth Probation Office
- Temporary Contract - 6 months
- Pay Rate: £9.54ph
The individual will follow set procedures and will exercise some independent judgement in carrying out instructions, under general supervision. Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
- To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary
- To handle all queries, referring on when unable to resolve
- To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
- To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing, and internal
- To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
- To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
- To assist in maintaining Health and Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of fire alarms, testing panic alarms, monitoring CCTV and assisting evacuation measures
- To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
- To ensure faults are reported and servicing requests for equipment are made with suppliers and contractors
- To assist with scanning and archiving as required
- To access databases for information as necessary and input information as required
- To practice safer working and adhere to data protection, confidentiality policies and legislation
All offers are subject to 3 years referencing checks and a DBS.
Please APPLY NOW if you are interested in starting a career within the Public Sector.
Location: Isambard Brunel Road, Portsmouth, PO1 2BD