Up to £10.42 per hour
about 1 month ago
National Probation service - Receptionist
The successful candidate will provide an effective and efficient first point of contact with all visitors, telephone callers and undertake administrative functions in accordance with service policy and procedures.
-Full time - 37 hours per week
-Working hours - Shift patterns the successful candidate will need to work up to 3 late nights a week. Shifts are 8:30 - 4:30, 9-5pm and 1pm-9pm.
-Temporary ongoing role
-Pay - £10.42
-Location - Chelmsford
-Start date - 2-3 months subject to vetting.
Examples of work performed will include but not be restricted to:
*To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary.
* To handle all queries, referring on when unable to resolve
* To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
* To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal
* To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
* To support the allocation and booking of hot desks, car parking and pool cars as required
* To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
* To assist in maintaining Health and Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of fire alarms, testing panic alarms, monitoring CCTV and assisting evacuation measures
* To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
* To ensure faults are reported and servicing requests for equipment are made with suppliers and contractors.
* To assist with scanning and archiving as required
* To access databases for information as necessary and input information as required
* To practice safer working and adhere to data protection, confidentiality policies and legislation
* To produce operational returns as required.
* To assist in other duties deemed appropriate for this grade of position.
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Has experience of working in high pressure/stressful working environments.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- GCSE A*-C Grade (or equivalent) including Maths and English
-Must have proven proficiency in ICT skills across the full range of Microsoft Office applications
At Brook Street, we believe that by harnessing diversity of thought and experience across our company, exceptional things happen. We continually strive for a highly diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone feels valued, listened to and able to discover their personal best.
Brook Street is a Disability Confident Leader, and we have also hold Gold Award status from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Our supply of Contingent Workers to the Public Sector Resourcing Framework (PSR) has driven us to take further steps in supporting candidates with disabilities or veterans. Through our Guaranteed Interview Scheme, we offer candidates with disabilities and veteran who meet the stipulated criteria for the role, a guaranteed interview with a PSR Sourcer.
Should you identify as a candidate with a disability or a veteran, we encourage you to reach out to us via email at , providing the role's navigation link and your qualifications. We are committed to engaging with you. Throughout the application process we will discuss any reasonable adjustments needed. Your comfort and accessibility are of utmost importance to us, and we are eager to ensure a seamless communication journey.
All offers are subject to 3 years of referencing checks and a DBS.
If you are interested in this position, please apply below