Brook Street are proud to advertise a Receptionist role at Weymouth Probation.
This is an administrative role based within the National Probation Service (NPS) Directorate in NOMS. The job holder reports to the designated Line Manager and supports the provision of business specific and transactional office based activities.
Responsibilities, Activities and Duties
- To greet offenders and visitors, log their arrival and departure, ensure the appropriate member of staff is notified and issue visitor passes and security fobs as necessary
- To be first point of contact for partner businesses that reside within the same building
- To handle all queries, referring on when unable to resolve
- To handle incoming and outgoing telephone calls, take messages and transmit to the appropriate person.
- To deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal
- To take bookings, support and service meeting rooms including training event registration as required
- To support the allocation and booking of hot desks, car parking and pool cars as required
- To pay bus fares/travel warrants to offenders and handle day to day petty cash
- To assist in maintaining Health and Safety and security aspects of the premises, including the testing of fire alarms, testing panic alarms, monitoring CCTV and assisting evacuation measures
- To log building faults and incidents and keep a log of maintenance and repairs
- To ensure faults are reported and servicing requests for equipment are made with suppliers and contractors
- To assist with scanning and archiving as required
- To access databases for information as necessary and input information as required
- To practice safer working and adhere to data protection, confidentiality policies and legislation
- To order office stationery in liaison with the line manager
- The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under the Job Evaluation scheme and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
The pay rate is £8.91 per hour, but after 12 working weeks this goes up to £9.41/hour, 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, standard office hours.
*The offered candidate is subject to a vetting, including a dbs check