Receptionist - Ministry of Defence (MOD)
Location: Sleasby RAF
Pay rate - £10.88
Hours: Monday - Friday (37 hours)
What are the main day to day tasks:
- Initial contact with patients and ensuring the reception area is maintained and tidy at all times.
- Checking-in patients and raising the necessary documentation.
- Answering telephone enquiries.
- Carrying out booking in and out serving personnel posted in and out of the unit using the IT supplied, in line with current procedures.
- Actioning the appropriate registers.
- Maintaining the appointment diary, making appointments (including Hospital appointments where applicable) as requested by Dental Officers (DOs) and the Dental Hygienist. Informing the Clinician concerned should it prove impossible to appoint a patient at a particularly requested time.
- Informing surgeries of the arrival, late arrival, cancellation or failure to attend of patients.
- Actioning all recall reports, taskings and nominal roles from Defence Medical Integrated Capability Programme (DMICP) and making the appropriate appointments.
- Booking in all prosthetic work, referring this to the relevant DO and making the appropriate appointment.
- When requested, telephoning patients to remind them of their dental appointments.
- In the absence of the PM, receipt all incoming mail and distribute as required.
- Carry out all duties delegated by the SDO/PM.
- Maximise clinical time usage by filling gaps in the DMICP diary as scheduled by the SDO/PM.
- Complying with DPHC (Dental) Standing Operating Procedures, Dental Centre protocols, and Health and Safety Policy directives and guidance as laid down by JSPs 375 and 377.
What will be the daily working hours (expected hours) and will the lunch break be 30 minutes or 1 hour
- Mon-Thurs 0800-1700 with 1 hours lunch
- Fri 0800-1330 with 30 mins lunch
Is there any availability for overtime
Is there any on-site free parking
- Yes on site free parking