Our client, the National Probation Service, is looking for a full time receptionist to work in their office in Newport town centre. The role is Monday to Friday and is customer facing, so customer service and/or reception experience is a must.
1. Act as first point of contact, while on Reception, for all visitors to the Probation Office, promptly notifying the relevant staff member that their visitor has arrived.
2. Handle telephone calls, taking messages as appropriate, and promptly directing to the appropriate team.
3. Answer all enquiries, while on Reception, relating to basic information about Probation Service or the building, referring more technical enquiries to an appropriate manager.
4. Deal with all mail items; incoming, outgoing and internal.
5. Retain petty cash and travel warrants to reimburse offenders according to current policy.
6. Provide a confidential and high level administrative support service, to include;
" Process all printing requests, monitor a generic email box answering any queries or sending appointment requests creating them by our in house system
7. To perform delegated administration tasks
8. Build and maintain strong working relationship with all colleagues
9. To be proactive and anticipate future work demands.
Other Areas of Responsibility:
" Develop a culture of systems that promote equality and value diversity
" Ensure that all aspects of service delivery and partnership work adhere to the legal and Wales Probation Service requirements of our equality objectives.
" Develop own knowledge and skills to meet objectives
" The role is dynamic and the key duties of the post will develop and evolve in accordance with the overall role and purpose of the post.
Please upload your CV if you think you would be a good candidate!