We are recruiting for a temporary Receptionist / Administrator based in Smethwick, Birmingham.
This is an ongoing temporary role with a potential to be made permanent.
Hours: Monday Thursday: 10-530pm / Friday: 10-5pm
Location: Smethwick, Birmingham
Pay: £9.90 - £10.56 an hour
As a Receptionist you will deal with an extremely busy reception desk. Welcoming guests and directing them to the correct place, answering telephone queries and taking well detailed messages as well as general administrative duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To provide or assist in providing telephone and reception arrangements which are welcoming to children, young people, families and visitors. This involves applying sensitive listening skills and providing a calm influence, particularly when users are agitated, possibly angry and confused - and will require accurate feedback of any remarks or actions to appropriate staff where the post holder has cause for concern
- Process incoming and outgoing mail and deal with deliveries
- Maintain Reception and waiting areas in a clean tidy and welcoming condition
- Maintain a diary of events, meeting and the locations of staff as required
- You may be required to cover another location within the Sandwell District.
- Arrange meetings and take minutes when required including the circulation of minutes and associated papers
- Arrange appointments as required
- Provide cover as required
- To provide general administrative support as required
- Provide administrative support as required
- Respecting the unique worth of every person
- Encouraging people to fulfil their potential
- Working with hope
- Exercising responsible stewardship
*** PLEASE NOTE - YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO GO THROUGH AN ENHANCED DBS AND 5 YEARS WORTH OF REFERENCING. ***
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Ongoing temporary contract through Brook Street
- £9.90 - £10.64 an hour
- 20 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays (pro rata)
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your CV and call Grace on 0121 643 6954/0121 480 8209.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your CV has not been selected on this occasion***