Brook Street (UK) Limited is working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a Records Officer
This is a fantastic opportunity join an award winning organisation which employs over 3000 local people across a wide range of jobs including Customer Service and Engineering.
The company have a family-feel culture, where staff goes the extra mile to leave a legacy that will be around for years to come.
Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, the Record Officer will assist in updating, maintaining and developing the company`s Geographical Information System (GIS)
* Update and maintain ArcGIS to ensure the company complies with current Northern Ireland Street works legislation and HSG47.
* Ensure GIS updates are performed in a timely manner and to the required standard so as to meet internal standards.
* Perform quality audits on as-built data supplied by operations to ensure required standards are met.
* Perform data analysis and data queries within GIS.
* Arrange site audits to monitor the accuracy of as-laid data supplied by our alliance contractor as stipulated in our alliance contract, recording data from site excavations in relation to the surrounding built environment.
* Investigate historical queries in relation to the potential alteration of existing network and if necessary carry out associated post excavation site visit to record data in relation to surrounding built environment.
* Overview weekly extracts from relevant GIS databases and transfers this data onto relevant engineering laptops.
* Update existing LPS geography through the manipulation of drawings using GIS by scanning, rectifying and digitising.
* Complete a quarterly as-laid data extract as part of company data sharing agreement with other NI based utilities and subsequent quarterly translation and importing of utility data received from other parties for use on company GIS
* Assist in providing cover for the Plant Protection Officer as and when required, including driving the 7bar network and liaising with contractors via telephone and visiting site to attend excavations.
* Assist in providing cover when required for operations records officers, this will include working in the vicinity of open excavations recording the precise location of as-laid network in relation to the surrounding built environment at time of construction.
* Updating access databases and excel spreadsheets with relevant information as and when required
* Printing maps for internal departments as and when required
* General filing duties
* Driving license
* Relevant experience in using GIS (edit function) and Strong IT skills
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Good communication skills
* Good IT skills (excel test will be carried out)
* GIS Qualification
* Relevant experience in using GIS for a Utility company
The rate of pay is £17,000 - £22,000 per annum (depending on level of experience) and is based on a 37 hour week. Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm & Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm (Flexibility in hours may be required.
Please send CV via the link