**Registered Children's Home Manager **
** Overseal - Derbyshire **
**Salary £35,000 - £40,000**
** Full time and permanent **
** Experience with children **
BS Social Care are currently recruiting for a Registered Children's Home Manager, this is a permanent and full-time role.
MIT's for this role :
- NVQ 4 in Caring for Children & Young People (actual or in progress) or equivalent
- Ofsted exp
- 2 years working with children within the past 5 years plus 1 year at Senior Level in residential care
- Driving Licence
- Knowledge of Care Standards
- Childcare legislation including child protection
- Awareness of equal opportunities and ADP
- Ability to plan, organise, divert and allocate resources effectively
- Ability to manage individuals and groups of people effectively
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to work in partnership with colleagues, SSD & others
- Ability to motivate & support staff.
- Understanding the needs of BESD Children including managing challenging behaviour
To ensure that the Home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose. To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with Care Standards. To establish and maintain a competent, motivated and confident staff team and to offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff at all levels. To ensure that the Home's policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively. To develop systems for the efficient administration of the Home and to ensure that the fabric of the Home, equipment, appliances and grounds are maintained to the highest order in accordance with Health and Safety requirements. To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints. To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people. To actively promote the Home's equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
" Duties and Responsibilities:
" To meet the needs of children through:
" Ensuring that each young person has a plan which reflects his / her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed.
" Allocating a Key Worker for each young person with the principal responsibility of implementing the childcare plan.
" Establishing and monitoring high quality standards of care in line with Care Standards and the Home's Statement of Purpose and developing quality assurance measures to ensure these standards are maintained.
" Developing systems in which young people are consulted about the quality of care they receive.
" Taking responsibility for progressing any complaints or child protection concerns
" Working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of young people
" Attending and contributing to child care planning and review meetings as appropriate
To apply for this role, please call Vikashi Mawdia on 01162532550 or send your CV