We are currently looking for a dedicated Ofsted Registered Home Manager with a starting salary of £44,000 - full time hours + annual bonuses of up to £4,800.
Our Client a reputable care provider is an Ofsted registered organisation, specialising in providing residential care and support for children and Young People who may have Learning Disabilities, challenging behaviours, Autism or ADHD. They may also have suffered neglect, trauma, sexual exploitation or other types of domestic abuse.
As a Registered Manager, you will oversee an Ofsted registered home. You would be supported by your Regional Service Manager & Senior Support Manager. You will have the benefit of a dedicated and passionate Deputy Manager, Team Leaders and Support Workers who will help you to continue to build on the positive foundations that are already in place.
Essential requirements for Registered Manager Children's Home position
- Candidate must hold either Level 3/4 diploma in Residential Childcare
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management in Residential Childcare or working towards Level 5
- Previous Management experience within a Children's residential setting
- You will have thorough knowledge & understanding of OFSTED regulations and legislation (CHR 2015). Good knowledge and understanding of SCCIF guidelines to help focus on the things that matter most to children's lives.
- Full UK Driving Licence
General responsibilities of Registered Manager
- To ensure that the Home meets the standards and expectations of its Statement of Purpose.
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and to ensure that the quality of care provided is consistent with the quality standards and children's homes regulations.
- To establish and maintain a competent, motivated and confident staff team and to offer leadership, managerial direction, guidance and support to staff at all levels. To ensure that the Home's policies and procedures are adhered to and that resources are managed effectively.
- To develop systems for the efficient administration of the Home and to ensure that the fabric of the Home, equipment, appliances and grounds are maintained to the highest order in accordance with Health and Safety requirements.
- To be the responsible person in managing child protection concerns and complaints.
- To liaise with Local Authorities, School, Health and other professionals to achieve best outcomes for young people.
- To actively promote the Home's equal opportunity and anti-discriminatory practice policies.
- Opportunity to join MDP (Management Development Programme)
- Welcome Bonus of £1500
- Performance Bonus of up to £6000 per year paid equally on monthly basis (£400-£500 per month in Bonus)
- Additional leave accrued after each successful annual employment
- £250 for each successful staff referral
- Variety of high Street store and online discounts
- Free Gym Membership
- Funded Diploma and training essential for continuous development
- Comprehensive Induction program and support with SC2 form submission
- Free DBS check
Please not that you must be 21 years of age or above to apply due to children's home regulations
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)