Registered Home Manager - Leicester
**Registered Residential Home Manager **
** Full time and permanent **
** £30,000 - £35,000 annum - Full Time**
BS Social Care are currently recruiting for a Registered Home Manager to manage a Elderly Dementia Home with various needs One of many homes in Leicester, which provides a caring, comfortable and supporting environment for young people. This is a permanent and full-time role working. We are looking for strong candidates with sound CQC knowledge and experience.
The position of care manager is a front-line leadership role within a residential care setting.
They are responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the residential care setting; recruiting and managing staff teams, managing budgets and ensuring that the quality of the services provided meets the expectations laid out by CQC.
- To take joint responsibility with the operations manager as the person-in-charge for the day-to-day running of the home.
- To take full professional accountability in respect of the clinical management of the home.
- To promote a caring environment for residents through high standards of professional practice which are conducive to the physical, emotional, social, intellectual, and spiritual needs of the residents.
- To demonstrate leadership of your staff team and to act as a positive role model ensuring your presence is visible within the community of the home.
- To ensure that each resident receives care appropriate to their individual needs.
- To manage expenditure in accordance with allocated budgets.
- To implement the requirements of the recognised outcomes for Care Homes for Older People, published in accordance with the Care Home Act 2008 and ensure that all outcomes are met.
Personal Specification - Essential:
- Extensive post registration experience
- Registered Managers Award / NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care or Leadership or similar qualifications
- Previous experience at Deputy Manager level or equivalent
- Previous experience of working with assessment and care planning
- Previous experience of managing in a complex organisation
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of Managing Health and Safety
- Previous demonstration of the ability to market successfully
- Computer literacy, including the use of word processing and other software packages
- Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Team Player
- Willingness to participate in vocational training programs
- Satisfactory police check using the Disclosure and Barring Services (where applicable)
- Basic understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act
- Basic Understanding of Infection Control
- Willingness to hold the registration as manager for the home
Personal Specification - Desirable:
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- To manage the day to day running of the home and to act as person-in-charge
- To provide all relevant information and leaflets to prospective new residents and to make appointments and show them and their relatives around the home.
- To arrange and access trial visits.
- To assess whether the home can meet the personal care needs of any prospective resident and to negotiate an appropriate fee with the local authority or the resident or resident's family (if not in receipt of local authority assistance).
To apply for this role, please call Vikashi Mawdia on 01162532550 or email your CV .