- To provide assistance to the Regulatory Affairs Manager with regulatory affairs relating to products.
- To regularly check sources for updated regulations, new consultative documents and other HSE information / issues relevant to the company.
- To (jointly) compile Material Safety Data Sheets.
- To act as the Deputy Administration Area Representative on the Health and Safety Committee.
- Internal auditor for Responsible Care system audits and health and safety inspections.
- To conduct induction training for non-operations personnel when the Regulatory Affairs Manager is unavailable.
- To act as deputy management representative for RCMS and act as secretary for RCMT
- To carry out risk assessments in the Admin building.
- Assist with the establishing and modification of procedures in the Responsible Care and quality areas.
- To assist with the organisation, administration and co-ordination of internal Management System audits, including rolling audits.
- To carry out health and safety database searches as and when required.
- Assist with the administration of MSDSs, MBCSs, SOPs and product datasheets and books on the intranet system.
- Must be willing to travel (both UK and overseas) if and when required in order to fulfill the role as outlined above.
- Act in a way consistent with an employee's legal duty to take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others
- Respect the confidentiality of information obtained in the course of duties performed
- Flexible and adaptable to assist in other areas of the business when required and carry out such additional duties as the Company may reasonably require from time to time
- Keeps knowledge and skills up to date by regularly taking part in training and development activities
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external.
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication
- Attention to detail
- IT literate with the ability to use MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Demonstrates the company values