We are working alongside an educational college who are looking for a new Research Administrator join their team in Oxford.
This role is an on going full time temporary position paying £16.72p/h.
The Research Facilitator, who will have overall responsibility for the Faculty's portfolio of research projects and the allocation of work.
The duties of this post will include:
- Providing informed advice to Principal Investigators (PIs) about their grants by telephone, email and face to face; responding to ad hoc requests for information or advice about grants, undertaking research and interpreting procedures to answer more complex questions as appropriate.
- Maintaining oversight of a range of types and sizes of research grant, by running transaction reports, investigating variances and problems, and resolving grant-related issues.
- Proving pre-award support, such as preparing the financial elements of grant applications as required and adding details to the Faculty database of all applications in preparation, and those submitted.
- Effective team worker with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) who is also adept at working independently.
- A good general level of education.
- Good time management and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise and deliver a high quality output to deadlines.
- Recent experience of financial or research grants administration.
- Excellent IT skills including word processing, and manipulation of complex spreadsheets (Word and Excel).
- Numerate, able to create reports, analyse and understand financial data with the ability to identify anomalies.
If you would like to know more please call Lewis Smith at Brook Street on 01235 706100. - Thank you!