You are a Support Worker who wants to make a difference in children's life!
You have the passion, the ability to motivate, to be flexible and adaptable, a Great Team player and excellent communicator with a considered approach and a positive attitude, Then THIS JOB IS FOR YOU!!!!
I have amazing job opportunities in a Children residential home in Northampton where you will join an amazing caring Team to work with children aged 8 to 17 years old who have complex, mental health and EBD needs
Main purpose of the Job:
To provide advice, assistance and support to young people, safeguarding their welfare at all times. To attend to their practical, physical and emotional needs. To act as an appropriate role model and to work closely with them to enable them to address their difficulties and achieve their optimum potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide care for young people through:
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning etc)
- Establishing positive relationships with young people and always offering them unconditional and positive regard
- Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural, cultural and educational needs of young people
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate pro-social ways of dealing with problems
- Helping young people gain self-control by challenging unacceptable behaviour and rewarding acceptable, pro-social conduct.
- Ensuring that each young person's care plan is followed and amended as appropriate to reflect their changing needs .
- Providing emotional support at times of difficulty or stress
- Taking responsibility for a small number of young people and ensuring that their needs are fully met
- Being ambitious for young people, helping them achieve their goals and optimise their potential
- Providing support for young people in their education and extra curricular activities
- Keeping accurate records and providing written reports on young people for planning meetings, reviews or any other meetings as directed by the line manager
- Empowering young people and facilitating their active involvement in the decision making about their lives and future
- Attending young people's meetings and contributing to them
- Driving company vehicles (current driving licence holders subject to procedures)
- Receiving training appropriate to role and maintaining an up to date training profile
- Responsibility for the accurate maintenance of financial records appropriate to the duties of the post
- Responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of self and colleagues in accordance with the requirements of the organisational Health and Safety Policies
- To carry out all other reasonable tasks as directed by the line manager
For your support and commitment, you will pay a salary of £18,193 to £18,927 a year plus a SLEEP IN ALLOWANCE of £30.00 per sleep which can take your salary up by £3000
You will also get a holiday allowance and pension plan, as well as career development and the opportunity to complete your QCF Level 3 if you haven`t already got this.
To apply for this role, please call Sabrina Moussaoui on 07483457916 or email your CV