Brook Street Social Care are currently working with a range of child care providers based in the borough of Surrey. We partner with services that specialise in providing residential care and support to children and young people aged 8-17, who reside in residential care. Our clients services are regulated by OFsted.
The services we work with provide care to children who have a wide range of needs, including autism, learning disabilities, anti social behaviour and more. The services range from mild to complex needs, and as such, we are seeking candidates who have experience working with children who have different individual needs.
Skills we are looking for include:
- Managing challenging behaviours and anti social behaviours
- Understanding the needs of young people and how to effectively provide care and support in line with support/care plans
- Producing accurate records of observations and assessments of the children, and being able to liaise with multi agencies where necessary
- awareness of safeguarding children and child protection guidelines
Our clients are keen on hearing from candidates who are passionate, and understand the impact that their work has on the development and future of each young person they support. We are looking for candidates who want to make a positive difference to the life of young people.
We work with 24 hour provisions, and as such, have days, nights, morning and evening shifts, and are in a good position to support flexible working patterns.
We pay £11 - £12 per hour for day shifts and £12 - £13 per hour for nights. Our shift times will vary dependent on the needs.
- NVQ Level 3 (Children and young people workforce or equivalent)
- Minimum of 1 years experience working with young people within a registered ofsted environment or semi independent setting
- Enhanced DBS check (can be done at point of registration)
If you are interested in this position, or want to find out more about other roles we may have available, please contact Kevin on 07483 936 678