We have an excellent opportunity to join the team of a lovely Residential Home for children and young people in Axminster.
You will be supporting the children and young people with their day to day routines and take part in their activities. You will develop working relationships with all service users, colleagues, parents and carers, promoting the service users independence and helping them develop their educational, social and emotional skills. You will be working within a friendly and experienced team and at times working 1-1 with the residents. You will need to be able to approach mental health, challenging behaviours or physically disabilities in a professional and appropriate manner and act as a role model for all children/ young people you will be supporting.
Days Only - £14,256 - £15,822
10 shifts per month, 14.5 hours per shift, 2 - 3 times per week, with no sleep ins.
Days + Sleep Ins - £20,900 - £23,000
10 shifts per month. 9 of these will be 24.5 hour sleep in shifts and 1 to be a 14.5 hour shift.
Benefits and Training
- Free parking on site
- Pension contribution
- Personal development and career progression opportunities
- Full in house mandatory training and induction
- Level 3 NVQ/ QCF - Children and Young People
- Experience working with young people/ children who have learning disabilities/ mental health/ challenging behaviour
- Driver with your own transport
- Willing, team player, enthusiastic, empathetic, understanding
If you are interested in this role please contact Lianna on 0117 922 1130 or lianna.saywell @ bssocialcare.co.uk