A great opportunity to join one of Wales' top 10 legal firms.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the head of department and the residential conveyancing team.
- To effectively undertake all assigned tasks and provide support to the wider department/firm.
- The accurate and timely transcription of correspondence via audio dictation system.
- Administer filing relating to conveyancing matters including, daily filing, opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with departmental procedures.
- To prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch in line with agreed timescales as set by the departmental head.
- To carry out property searches, online form submissions and preparing contracts and other draft documents.
- To undertake mandatory training or training identified as necessary to update skills or improve performance.
- Have appropriate skills or ability to acquire and develop skills in order to utilise the Case Management System effectively.
- To identify and initiate any cross-selling opportunities.
- To ensure client satisfaction remains a high priority at all times and ensuring appropriate client relationship management.
- To ensure protocols are adhered to in order to protect the confidentiality of both the firm's and clients' documentation and information
Knowledge, Training and Qualifications
- Knowledge or familiarity of conveyancing processes.
- Strong IT skills.
- High Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Packages including word, outlook e-mail, outlook diary functions.
- Law Degree & LPC or recognised equivalent (CILEX, CLC)
- An understanding of account ledgers and dictation systems
- Experience of working in an administrative/secretarial capacity.
- Experience of working to and dealing with strict deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience of providing excellent customer/client service.
- Experience of successfully supporting senior employees.
- Experience of working in a conveyancing practice in a similar role.
- Experience of working with Case Management and Digital Dictation Systems.
Personal Skills and Qualities:
- Ability to manage competing demands whilst maintaining a professional service
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to deliver clear and precise correspondence and documentation
- Good prioritising and planning skills to ensure that tight deadlines are achieved under pressure
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information with discretion
If you would like to know more about the role or have any questions then please don't hesitate to contact Molly Bailey at Brook Street.