£29338 - £29339 per annum
23 days ago
Would you like to step in to kickstart your career in Care or continue your existing journey working with children? Are you looking for a flexible and rewarding community-based care support role helping to change young people's lives? If you answered 'Yes,' we would love to hear from you.
In return for your demanding work and commitment, working for this organisation can offer you some fantastic benefits: -
" Competitive salary - Starting £23,114 with a third time enhancement for unsocial hours + allowances
" Shift Pattern - 4 on 4 off shift lengths are 21:30 - 08:00 ( 37 hours per week on average).
" Pension - Contributory career average salary pension scheme
" Paid annual leave
" Provide patient care - Provide care, safety, and welfare for patients.
" Dedicated training- Full training and induction to support your patient care journey.
" Discounts and schemes - Discounted travel, up to 20% off Southwestern Railway. Drive an electric or plug-in hybrid car - New Salary Sacrifice Scheme.
Brook Street Social Care presents this exciting career opportunity to work with one of our clients in Emerson Green, Bristol. This role is working within a secure children's home, providing high-quality, specialist accommodation for young people between the ages of 10 and 18. The centre houses vulnerable young people, many of whom have complex problems and need intensive support to help them turn their lives around.
Please Note: During your working schedule, you must be available to work across the following shifts: 4 on 4 off
What will be your primary responsibilities?
- " Act as a 'keyworker' for young people and be a role model with a socially desired behaviour
- "To monitor all young people at night at least every fifteen minutes to ensure they are safe and secure.
- " Engage, stimulate, and appropriately challenge
- " To safeguard and provide consistency and stability
- " To provide advocacy and act with sensitivity
- " Administer medication where needed
- " Maintain adequate records and undertake site risk assessments
- " Write reports and care planning documentation with the use of IT skills
- "To wake the young people and supervise breakfast and room cleaning as required, and in conjunction with the Care Staff.
- "To undertake social duties, including talking with young people and reassuring them to enable them to sleep at night.
- " Possess knowledge of the standards within Children's Homes Regulations 2015
Who we are looking for?
A background in care is not essential but desirable. To apply for this post, you will have:
" A passion for care as well as following compassion in practice.
" Verbal communication skills to ensure information is shared seamlessly
" The ability to work effectively as part of a team
" The ability to remain calm and manage challenging situations is imperative
" The ability to build rapport quickly and work compassionately with our young people
" A flexible and enthusiastic "can do" approach to work
About Brook Street
We recruit on behalf of some of the country's best-known organisations for roles across all industry sectors. We are located across 50+ high street locations, making hiring and job searching more personal. Our nationwide reach means we can engage with job seekers such as yourself and employers in person, allowing us to tailor our approach to their unique requirements perfectly and offer you various job opportunities.
By applying today, you can kickstart our fantastic onboarding process, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience with this incredible company.