Residential Support Worker
SALARY: £17,000 - £19,000
Shift Pattern: 37.5 hours per week (Occasional weekend work)
JOIN A REPUTABLE ORGANIZATION THAT AIMS TO PROVIDE AFFORDABLE AND HIGH-QUALITY HOUSING FOR YOUNG PEOPLE!
Do you have experience within supporting young people with EBD and challenging behaviour?
Are you looking to take the next step in your career?
If the answer is YES then look no further - this FANTASTIC opportunity could be for you!
BS Social Care is a national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently assisting a reputable residential service with their recruitment of an experienced Residential Support Worker.
The Service provides practical and emotional support, including one to one support, group work, therapeutic intervention and psychotherapy to young adults with severe behavioural issues and challenging behaviour. The service works with very challenging young people who are experiencing multiple disadvantages including homelessness, substance abuse, offending behaviour and mental health issues. Furthermore the aim of the service is to support and manage the service users for they can become "tenancy ready" and live full lives of their own.
As a Residential Support Worker, you will be a key member of the team providing high standards of care and support to service user. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships, and empower service users to achieve their goals and live independently as possible.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be passionate about working with young people who have behavioural issues
- Have a solid understanding of engaging, supporting and motivating young people
- Be knowledgably about the issues and challenging the service users will deal with
- Assist young people to achieve like skills, find opportunities and prepare for employment
The successful candidate will have:
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care children & young
- Min 1-year experience with challenging behaviour
- Min 1-year experience in young person setting
Furthermore, the successful candidate will be entitled to a comprehensive rewards and benefits package including 28 days annual leave per year.
To apply for this role do not delay as immediate interviews are available!
For more information, please send your CV or call Philip at 0191 261 7570.