Job Title: Residential Support Worker
Salary £9 p/h
Do you have experience supporting young people with EBD and challenging behaviour?
BS Social Care is a national organisation that specialise in the recruitment of Health and Social Care professionals. We are currently recruiting Residential Support Workers to pick up regular work for local provider of leaving care services.
The Service provides practical and emotional support, including one to one support, group work, therapeutic intervention and psychotherapy to young adults with severe behavioural issues, mental issues, and challenging behaviour.
The service works with very challenging young people who are experiencing multiple disadvantages including homelessness, substance abuse, offending behaviour mental health issues, and sexual exploitation. Furthermore, the aim of the service is to support and manage the service users so they can become "tenancy ready" and live full lives of their own.
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Be passionate about working with young people who have behavioural issues
- Have a solid understanding of engaging, supporting and motivating young people
- Be knowledgeable about the issues and challenging the service users will deal with
- Assist young people to achieve like skills, find opportunities and prepare for employment
The successful candidate will have:
- Min 1-year experience with challenging behaviour
- Min 1-year experience in young person setting
For more information, please send your CV or call Matthew at 0191 261 7570.