Residential Support Worker (Young Adults) - Ealing
A client in Ealing within the children's social care services are now recruiting for Residential Support Workers. You will be there to support and encourage young adults with autism to take control of their daily lives and provide necessary provisions where necessary
Main tasks of the job
- Supporting young adults with cooking, playing sports, making music and other leisure activities.
- To work shift patterns according to the needs of the young adults.
- Giving personal and emotional support to promote young adults' health and well-being.
- To participate in training and staff meeting to ensure practice is up to date.
Your working pattern will be varied over a 7-day rota and could include waking nights and bank holidays. If you could please specify, if you are interested in Day/Waking Night Shifts in the Supporting Statement section of the application form.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently.
- Able to understand the support needs of young adults with autism.
- Willingness to further skills by undertaking relevant training.
- To be resilient, supportive and sensitive towards the needs and requirements of young adults with autism
- To have Level 2 in Childcare
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Discounts on high street and online shopping
- Free employee assistance programme, which is available 24/7.
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- A supportive working environment
- Training and development opportunities