Are you looking for a rewarding career helping children in a caring residential setting to unlock their full potential? Do you have experience working with children ranging from the ages of 11- 15 years old? You could be a parent looking to get into full time work, or perhaps you're looking for a new venture I would like to hear from you!
Our client is looking for Individuals who have a passion to work in an organisation that specialises in Autism, Learning Disability, Physically Disabled, Emotional Behavioural Disorder and challenging behaviour helping these children to live their lives to their fullest. The ideal person is willing to join a small residential care team to provide a warm and nurturing care environment for up to six young people between the ages of 8 and 16.
As a Residential Support Worker you will work with the Care Manager to ensure that the home runs within all relevant legislative and policy boundaries and that the open, therapeutic, nurturing culture of the unit is maintained.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work within relevant legislative and policy guidelines, and adhere to team decisions
- To carry out the delegated tasks essential to the smooth running of the unit
- To provide children with clear boundaries that are consistent with team decisions
- Minimum 1 year's experience of working with children and young people
- Experience of residential work
- Experience of managing difficult behaviour (e.g. aggression, sexualised behaviour, etc.)Desired
- Experience of key worker system
- Experience of therapeutic work with children and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and good practice of residential care as prescribed by the Children Act 1989
- Knowledge of the physical, emotional, psychological and social needs of children from a disrupted family background
If you have the necessary skills and abilities please contact Karen at BS Social Care on 0208 680 8183 and send your CV
BS Social Care work on a range of services on both the temporary and permanent basis, if this role is not for you but you have experience within a Social Care setting then please don't hesitate to get in touch