Please be aware that this is a temporary position prior to applying.
Based at one of the residential service in Halifax; West Yorkshire our client is looking for a number of temporary staff members to cover various shifts within their home.
As a Residential Support Worker, you'll have a challenging but fulfilling job. Working with vulnerable young people in our children's homes, you'll provide them with personalised care and create a calm, safe living environment. That involves planning social and leisure activities, giving counselling and escorting children on activities, but most importantly creating a home!
Previous experience in working within a similar role & environment is essential, you must have the ability to build a rapport with young people. In many cases, residents behavior can be difficult or challenging. That means you've got to be very patient, calm and resilient.
- 12 months recent experience within a similar environment or 6 months experience with relevant qualification within the past 3 years
- Ideally you will already have a Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England) or equivalent )
- Full UK Driving Licence & access to a vehicle
- DBS ideally on the update service or willing to undertake a DBS (Cost to be met by applicant which is £50)
- Provision of 5 years references & gap free employment dating back to education
- Proof of address; 2 forms of ID; 1 which must be photographic
- National Insurance
If you able to meet the above requirements please APPLY as we are looking to supply immediately. For more information on this & other roles we are recruiting for please call Maria Lawther at BS Social Care on 01274 393050. We look forward to hearing from you.