Resort Operations Coordinator, Whiteley
£24,000 -£26,000, DOE
Do you have a passion for travel and an interest in the tourism industry?
Are you looking for a company where you can progress and have the opportunity to travel to exciting destinations across the world?
Brook Street are delighted to present an exciting opportunity to work with a rapidly growing and award-winning specialist Tour Operator, based in Hampshire, who are looking for an innovative and adaptable Resort Operations Coordinator who speaks fluent English and French.
Who's right for the job?
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a resort management role; will be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the day to day issues that arise in resorts and an ability to translate those requirements back to the business in the UK. The person will have a proven track record in managing and influencing others and an outstanding ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the business and remotely.
You will be enthusiastic and motivated to drive positive change forward, whilst emulating our client's core values and brand. Additional required attributes include:
- Innovative and able to effectively implement change
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- Fluent in French speaking
- Able to travel overseas is essential
About the job:
This is a diverse role for a highly organised individual who acts as a key link between management within the business and resort managers and representatives in the destinations served with the proviso of ensuring their customers receive the very best holiday experience. The role is predominantly based in the UK, however overseas travel will be required.
Reporting to and assisting the Customer Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day product requirements and delivery of saleable, competitive and profitable products in line with company objectives and targets.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Review and develop current processes, procedures and logistics for efficient operations. Ensure we have operational uniformity across our resort teams in all destinations.
- Coordinate & provide operational support, both within and out of office hours, for the resort teams across our client's program.
- Ensure that the correct resource level is in place within each resort and that staff are recruited (as required), trained and supported in order to perform their duties.
- Undertake ongoing communications, monitor KPI's and drive initiatives with and for resort managers/staff to eradicate issues that may impact upon service delivery.
- Undertake ongoing performance monitoring and working with the management team in the UK to assess where changes or efficiency's are required, both in the UK and in the resorts.
- Liaise with Ground Agents where these are utilized, ensuring that the resort operation and service is consistent to resorts where own staff are in place.
- Design and implement written operational process for issues including delays, diversions and major incidents.
What's in it for you?
In return you will be offered a solid base salary of between £24k - £26k depending on experience. You will be given great career and progression opportunities as well as 22 days holiday + bank holidays. Holiday will increase based on length of service up to a max of 30 days + bank holidays.
The company also operates a pension scheme, details of which will be provided upon commencement and a Life Insurance of up to 4 x salary. You will get to work within a modern open plan office with good facilities, free parking and within close proximity of a small local shopping centre. The team are a friendly bunch and enjoy social events, some of which are subsidised by the company. Our client also offers an attractive holiday concessions scheme within the parameters of their holiday portfolio.
In addition, to all the above benefits, the successful candidate will go on educational trips abroad so a valid passport is vital!
Let's get started!
This is a permanent full-time position with a start in January 2019 or as soon as possible. This would suit someone who has worked previously in a resort operations role, who is fluent in English and French and who has a passion for travel and providing an excellent client experience.
If you are interested in the role and looking for work it would speed up your application process if you completed an online registration with Brook Street as soon as possible via the following link: https://www.brookstreet.co.uk/account/registration.aspx. This registration will need to be completed to progress your application for this role or any future roles you apply for.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV to .