We are working on behalf of our global IT client to recruit an experienced Retail Channel Marketer on an initial 6 month contract to start ASAP.
This role will be based remotely to begin with, however, there will be some presence required in the Reading offices and partner sites going forwards.
The Channel Marketer will drive a partner account or a handful of accounts, building full-funnel partner marketing plans and compelling customer experiences, leveraging worldwide guidance and proven omnichannel strategies across digital and physical environments. You will work closely with Partner Activation Leads to influence conversion online & in-store through training, evangelism and direct sales motions. This role is pivotal and accountable to drive growth in revenue, profit and share for our client. You will drive and facilitate strategic decisions about our marketing investment strategy, including marketing development funds management, and our marketing mix across key marketing disciplines. Your passion for our client's products and our partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to sell-through.
You will act as a thought leader, a trusted advisor to drive strategic decisions about our client's marketing investment strategy and marketing mix across digital platforms, in-store presence, and retail activation teams. You're an omnichannel expert, adept at inspiring partners to accelerate their digital transformation and adopt, experiment and innovate with us. You'll be a champion of the brand and an evangelist of our client's connected product stories as you think globally while acting locally. You'll drive impact by leveraging data and insights in order to create more personalized experiences and maximize ROI. Your passion for our products and our partners will guide the team to execution excellence, a strong focus on ROI and accountability to brand advocacy and sell-through.
Working closely with partners and customers, you will be helping our partners transform - whether that be enabling new capabilities in digital, creating a point-of-experience in-store or building new channel/segment opportunities.
You will possess the creativity to lead the evolution of our strategy as well as the skills to create and sustain consistent operational excellence. You will also be someone who is passionate about inclusivity and are inspired by collaborating with high performing sales, category, and marketing teams.
The Impact You'll Be Making:
Drive readiness, lead execution and earn fans by leveraging Channel & Device Marketing strategies and tactics:
(10%) Strategic Business Planning:
- Create short, medium and long-term full-funnel partner execution plans that maintain channel momentum and profitability through the product life cycle and are tailored to account, partner and consumer needs
- Develop a modern marketing mix that focuses on omnichannel innovation and maximizing ROI
(20%) Partner Experiences:
- Activate eCommerce sales motions through digital marketing excellence, a connected storefront and mobile-first execution
- Build brand advocates among retail sellers through training, evangelism and community engagement platforms
- Influence conversion both in-store and online through seamless and synchronized shopper journeys/experiences
- Optimize in-store presence by maintaining and future-proofing our shop-in-shop programs and in-store experiences
- Deliver compelling demo experiences through our Retail Demo Experience platforms
- Differentiate our client from the competition buy building connected product stories that are locally relevant
- Localize global campaigns & creative to regional nuances and partner requirements
(30%) Partner Centricity & Relationship-building:
- Act as a trusted advisor and thought leader to the retailer/partner building credibility and impact and influence to help land key seasonal and product priorities.
- Develop partner capability assessments to identify key partner opportunities and relationship strategy
- Collaborate and drive co-marketing campaigns that involve our ingredient partners and hardware/device partners.
- Role model a culture of integrity and compliance, where trust and transparency are core to all decisions
(30%) Execution Excellence:
- Deliver against timelines, budgets, and scorecards while also capitalizing on innovation opportunities
- Drive creation and review of monthly and quarterly feedback/reporting in support of regular business milestones
- Ensure brand consistency and deep understanding of the customer, competitive and marketing landscape
- Proficient across Microsoft programs, platforms and tools
(10%) Analytics and Insights:
- Analyze performance results against execution activities to identify causals, opportunities and action plans
- Incorporate key insights from accounts to drive informed marketing action plans
- Create a culture of learning, encouraging tests and trials that constantly move our marketing execution forward
- Four Year college degree or relative work experiences
- Relevant experience in Retail/Channel Marketing/Marketing/Retail Sales
- Proven success at marketing and execution planning - particularly Retail Marketing with Consumer Technology products
- Adept at building integrated partner marketing plans and campaigns across multiple marketing disciplines
- Direct experience interfacing with partners and a proven track record delivering growth/performance metrics.
- Understand the digital and physical buying journey (omni channel), well-versed in sales channels, commerce platforms. Expertise landing and coordinating cross-discipline marketing programs and sales programs.
- Track record of marketing execution excellence and ROI through planning, operations-savvy, creative execution, readiness and analytics/insights
- New product launch exerience
- Experience managing ambiguity and rapid change - demonstrate agility and risk-taking
Deadline for applications: Tuesday 8th December 2020