Retail Operations Manager - Immediate start.
Full time, Permanent contract, paying £52k to £58 for the right level of experience.
Band 8A role - for an NHS Trust located in London.
Our client has created a new opportunity to support the food and retail operations within the hospital settings across a few sites. The purpose of the role is to ensure that their patients, customer and colleagues get the best possible experience within the hospital. The role will allow you to develop a retail strategy and vision for the Trust. Also, to improve the delivery of services, financial bench marking and to train and develop your team.
Your Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Responsible officer and main point of contact for the Trust retail operations.
- Ensure agreed and documented operational delivery plans.
- Building key internal and external working relationships.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop future strategy and transformational plans
- Plan, develop and deliver a food and shops strategy
- Understand and support the ordering process and that delivery schedules are updated and orders placed in time
- Clear understanding and implementation of National Retail policies, processes and procedures
- Actively maintain regular contact with all key stakeholders. Must be a confident speaker and able to deal effectively with all stakeholders
- Attend training sessions and stakeholder meetings as required
- Ensure that health, safety & hygiene rules and procedures are always followed as a priority
- Solve operational issues / concerns in good time. Demonstrate proactive working practice and a sense of urgency when required, whilst being able to multitask and prioritise
- Actively deal with customer feedback in a positive manner and advise the relevant staff as appropriate
- Be prepared to feedback all progress updates to the relevant individuals and /or authority
- Financial understanding of food gross profit margins; profitability and managing costs
- Embraces and keeps up to date with market trends, styles and new ideas
- Carry out continuous improvement; establishing methods of regular feedback from users and link this to service improvement
- 5-10years of experience within Retail sector as regional / operational level management.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluent understanding of a large scale profit and loss statement.
- Strong people person, with leadership qualities.
- Must be able to travel between few sites.
Apply now or contact me for more details