Do you have previous Customer Retention experience along with managing a small team?
We have the perfect opportunity for you!!
My client is a rapidly expanding business in the heart of Birmingham who is currently recruiting for a Retention Manager to join their existing team. My client offers a good financial package, excellent working environment and clear career progression path that comes with lots of additional benefits.
- Salary (£30 - £34k basic with £10K OTE)
- Full training and on boarding programme
- Progression opportunities / career pathway
- Rolling 6-month salary review
- Recognition for top performers
- On the spot rewards such as vouchers
- Incentives and floor competitions
- Early finishes and paid time off (linked to performance) and birthdays off
- Active social events and team outings
They are a scale up fuel and fleet services business operating out of a dynamic and hungry sales office based in the heart of Birmingham's Colmore Business District and they are looking for driven, passionate, and ambitious individuals who share their desire to be on top. If you want to be part of a high performing team, with a fantastic career pathway within an ambitious company in the heart of Birmingham, please continue reading!
SALARY AND WORKING HOURS
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5pm
2 x 15-minute breaks, 1 x 45-minute lunch
The overriding purpose of the Head of Volume and Growth role is to ensure maximum productivity within both the Account Management and Customer Support functions in order to increase customer retention and maximise customer fuel drawings & revenue.
In a highly competitive and price sensitive market the Head of Volume and Growth will play a key role in the growth of our core volume and revenue. Taking overall responsibility for the performance of the Account Management and Customer Support teams.
The Head of Volume and Growth should have a significant focus on driving revenue growth through outbound productivity and customer engagement, increasing retention of new and existing customers, careful management of weekly customer rates, as well as keeping a clear focus on quality of service delivered at all times. Working closely with the sales function to ensure a smooth customer handover is key, as is working in partnership with all areas of the business to drive growth and identify opportunities to improve existing customer engagement processes.
- Responsible for managing and driving the performance of the Account Management team
- Closely manage rate and revenue targets to ensure the business is achieving financial goals at all times
- Push to meet and exceed volume and gross margin targets
- CDA Update (Customer Drawings Analysis)
- Produce weekly Volume & Retention analysis updates and reports
- Carry out customer base analysis in order to make strategic recommendations and identify customer patterns and revenue opportunities
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of team motivation including floor walking, call listening and providing support as needed
- Take responsibility for managing customer renewal process
- Manage all aspects of customer retention taking a proactive approach to retaining business wherever possible
- Responsible for managing the volume growth of all customers both directly and through the close management of the outbound productivity of Account Managers
- Monitoring oil and FX markets at all times to provide insight and context to the weekly pricing strategy
- Provide regular analysis and reporting to the Head of Sales & Retention to inform strategic decision making
- Liaising closely with all departments, especially sales, to identify continuous improvements to strategies around customer service, retention and growth
General Objectives of the Role
- To achieve department gross margin target
- To achieve department volume (litres) targets
- To achieve department retention rate targets
- Coach, Train and Identify Skill Gaps within the department
- Previous experience working in an environment of high customer attrition
- Experience of managing changing fluctuating margins, preferably in a price sensitive market
- Must have previous experience of managing a team within a fast paced and target driven environment
- Comfortable being responsible for overall productivity of direct reports
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Previous experience of managing client retention both hands on and strategically
- Good IT and Systems skills with a dynamic approach to working
- Must have a persistent and tenacious approach to work with a generally positive attitude and high energy nature
- Must enjoy a challenge and be driven by achieving KPIs and SLAs to drive performance improvement
- Must be commercially minded with an understanding of the impact of the importance of their department's productivity on all areas of the business