- Develop documented processes for new production parts for the rubber moulding processes and related assembly equipment and cost reduction projects.
- Lead and support pre-production trial activities by developing counter measures for problem areas and cost reduction projects.
- Specify and/or direct fabrication of equipment used in rubber direct processing and/or assembly operations (i.e. end-of-arm-tooling, fixtures, jigs etc).
- Analyse new and current processes for cost reduction activity.
- Supports the production launch of tooling and processes for new rubber materials and products.
- Engineers' equipment, tooling, and process specifications.
- Works on rubber moulding process parameters to identify root cause of production issues, provides corrective actions and process control plan.
- Co-ordinate continuous improvement projects on rubber products and processes with multi-function teams.
- Provides specific rubber process training to technicians and operators.
- Maintain awareness and understand their roles and responsibilities regarding the environmental policies, management system, and objectives and targets by attending the required training.
Minimum qualifications and skills required:
- BS Engineering discipline or equivalent experience in rubber-processing technology including injection moulding, compression moulding, transfer moulding.
- Thorough understanding of rubber injection and compression moulding.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to judge key critical quality characteristics of rubber-based products.
- Desired qualifications and skills:
- Skilled in computer usage including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in a cross-functional-cultural work environment.
- Thorough understanding of rubber manufacturing operations with respect to automotive parts.
Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week 7:00 - 16:30 Monday to Thursday (45-minute lunch
break) 7:00 - 12:00 Friday