Location: Must live within commutable distance to Nottingham City Centre.
Initially this role will be based working from home, however we would ask you to be flexible as we likely move to a hybrid model of home and office-based working in the future.
Hours: Fully flexible based on a 37.5-hour per week contract, 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday
Opening hours of our Registrations department are:
- Monday – Friday: 08:00 - 20:00
- Saturday - 08:00 - 18:00
- Sunday - 09:00 - 18:00
Domestic & General’s purpose is to keep our customer’s world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. Our vision is to become a world-class service organisation enabled for a smart future. Here at Domestic & General our priority has been to support our employees through the recent challenges COVID-19 has presented, whilst still providing an excellent service journey for our customers.
We are proud to have shown our resilience over the last few months and are looking positively to the future. As part of this, we are excited to be launching a new Sales Specialist position within our Contact Centre Operations, based within our Registrations department, an inbound sales team meaning that you’ll be the first point of contact for customers who call in for help.
As a Sales Specialist, you will play a leading role when it comes to excellent customer service and high-performance sales delivery. You will be confident to meet daily, weekly and monthly conversion targets and a balanced scorecard of KPIs inclusive of QA – AHT.
As a Sales Specialist you will be integral to driving our high performance culture whilst putting the customer needs first and driving the right outcomes for our customers and the company through delivering a great experience for customers, making appropriate product offerings and achieving great sales performance whilst complying with our processes and standards, creating a great place to work.
We have changed how we recruit and onboard, so your journey with us will now be fully virtual, giving you the flexibility but still the full engaging experience that you deserve.
To apply you must be ambitious and thrive in a target and objective based environment.
- Previous experience of working in fast paced sales Contact Centres or sales environments with targets
- Proven experience of sustained high-performance sales vs target results
- Advanced sales skills with proven experience of high-performance selling, through offering appropriate products and services to customers
- Sales through service experience, working to a range of stretching targets
- Experience of working in customer-centric organisations
- Objection and complaint handling experience
- Ability to solve or spot problems and escalate the issues if you are unable to solve it
- Ability to be self-sufficient, using the available tools to help build knowledge
- Communication skills - effective oral and written communication skills
- Sales skills developed in an outbound sales environment
- Have worked in regulated customer facing environments
We’ll take care of providing the equipment you need before you start but you must have broadband access and have a basic level of IT competence to set up your equipment from home.
Salary & Bonuses
- A highly competitive £30,000 base pay, OTE earnings of £42,000
- The bonus opportunity is earned through a combination of strong sales performance, excellent customer service and call quality
- Comprehensive training with clearly defined career progression opportunities
- Regular incentives with amazing prizes to be won
- Annual leave – 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) with an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Pension scheme – matched employer contributions up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
We offer a fantastic virtual training experience over a 3 week period. Please ensure you can commit to 3 weeks full time virtual training starting on Monday 26th April 2021 before you apply.
Your training will provide a rich blend of learning from our L&D team, as well as some independent e-learning, and self-reflection. You’ll start off finding out about Domestic & General’s successful history and our future vision, whilst at the same time getting to know your new colleagues! All systems training will be covered so you are confident working independently at home.
If you are interested in this opportunity and wish to apply, please submit your application at your earliest opportunity. Immediate interviews available.
Domestic & General is an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
Domestic & General work in trusted partnership and are supported by Brook Street (UK) Limited, with the recruitment process for our contact centre agents. Information collected from you in relation to your application, will be accessed by Brook Street under a strict duty of confidentiality and Brook Street will be in direct contact with you in relation to any application made.