I am currently recruiting for a School Administrator to join ASAP for a 12 month contract. You will need to have prior experience in schools and with children. This position also requieres an enhanced DBS. Min. 1 year experience.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To provide a professional and efficient/effective administrative and clerical support function for the school
To support the School Business Manager
(iii) To be held responsible for ensuring administration systems are kept up to date, accurate and regularly monitored. To ensure there is a positive greeting for all visitors to the school. To provide a high quality typing service for all correspondence distributed internally and externally
(iv) Front of Office Professional Support.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative Duties supporting the Business Manager on a daily basis
- Covering other site on Monday and Thursday each week
- To answer the telephone in a professional and efficient manner and record and pass on messages as appropriate
- To answer the intercom CCTV system whilst having a high regard for security
- To greet parents/carers and visitors and deal with their requests in an efficient and professional manner.
- To ensure visitors sign in the visitor's book and are provided with a visitor's badge
- Maintain the Course Tracker
- Maintain the Business Manager Filing System
- Prepare documents as instructed by the Business Manager
- To accurately maintain the shared calendar and update the school information board daily (shared role)
- Dealing with Staff queries
- To provide refreshments for the head teacher and the head teacher's visitors as required To use word processing to produce letters and memorandums
- To undertake filing and photocopying; to assist users with the operation of the photocopier including changing inks and attempting to resolve issues.
- To be responsible for the maintenance and monitoring of the photocopiers and consumables.
- To be held responsible for the maintenance of administrative (Integris) systems.
- To assist the Business Manager with the development and implementation of new systems. First Aid- general (minimal support)
Pay rate per hour: £11
Please apply below if you fit the criteria and have had previous exposure in similar role within a school.