Up to £20894 per annum + term time, additional benefits
25 days ago
£20,874 per annum
Are you an administrator looking for a role within a school environment?
Do you have excellent word processing and excel skills?
Are you available to start a new role in November 2023?
Brook Street is delighted to be partnered with an innovative secondary school and sixth form who have been established since the 1500s. Our client are looking for two administrators to join them and be responsible for providing effective and high-quality administrative support to the various departments of the school. One of the roles is also required to provide first aid to students and staff and as such must hold a first aid at work qualification as a minimum.
This is a term-time only role, working 37.5 hours per week, ideally Monday to Friday.
What will you be doing?
We are recruiting for 2 administrators:
The Faculty Administrator role will be responsible for completing a range of clerical and administrative duties, in support of faculties including the Modern Foreign Languages, Volunteer in Person, Music, Progression and Activities departments. In the future you may be required to provide first aid to students and if required the organisation will support you financially to complete a first aid at work certificate.
The First Aider/Administrator role will be responsible for providing qualified First Aid cover for students and staff and an efficient administrative service for the school. This will include attending First Aid problems presented by pupils and staff, taking appropriate action in the event of an emergency and communicating with staff and parents as necessary.
More detailed job descriptions can be provided on request.
What is our client looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a strong administrator, preferably with enthusiasm and experience of working within a school, educational organisation or service-orientated environment. The First Aider must have a first aid at work certificate and experience of delivering first aid.
For the faculty administrator role, if you are not first aid trained, then we would require a willingness to undertake first aid training and duties.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent administration skills
- Knowledge or experience in business & administration equivalent to NVQ level 2 (i.e. 5 GCSE's equivalent of A* to C).
- Strong communication skills and ability to be an excellent ambassador for the school.
- Ability to organise, allocate and prioritise work, and to adhere to deadlines and targets.
- Ability to undertake basic financial and arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to file and retrieve information stored alphabetically.
- Ability to check information is correct from a given source.
- Ability to handle information securely and confidentially.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet packages.
- An awareness of equal opportunities
- Strong IT Skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
What's in it for you?
In return for your hard work you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £20,874 per annum in addition to a benefits package to be discussed at screening stage.
Want to hear more? We'd love to hear from you. Apply with your CV now!
For more information please contact Ben at Brook Street on 02382 542555 or send your CV with a brief note