Leicestershire Police Force is recruiting for a School Liaison Officer to operate an area in Leicestershire.
The purpose of the role is to provide a link between schools and policing, to facilitate and support the early identification and access to interventions/diversion work of children vulnerable to serious violence and child criminal exploitation.
The ideal candidate will have previous Police experience however if you have not worked for the Police previously but have relevant experience this will be considered.
1. To be educated to GCSE standard in English Language minimum Grade C or equivalent and/or have 12 months` work experience requiring the use of English Language to the above standard.
2. To have experience of working within a confidential environment.
3. To be able to demonstrate the ability to compile data into report format accurately and concisely by researching IT systems and other means as appropriate and display good analytical skills
4. To be able to demonstrate the ability to plan and organise own workloads in a busy pressurised environment and limited supervision.
5. To be able to demonstrate by example the ability to use initiative and creativity, particularly in problem solving within a multi-agency partnership context.
6. To be able to demonstrate effective communication skills on all levels both verbally and in writing, and possess excellent listening skills
7. To be able demonstrate the ability to deal with conflict, calmly and effectively.
8. To demonstrate by example resilience in representation and the ability to resolve conflict.
9. To demonstrate sound leadership skills.
10. Applicants must have a clean driving licence and use their own car.
11. To demonstrate experience of liaison with partner agencies
12. To have an understanding of government guidance `Working Together to Safeguard Children` 2018
13. To have previous police, or an understanding, of policing practices.
14. To have experience of working in, or an understanding of, child protection and safeguarding.
15. To have an understanding of data protection legislation when handling information
16. To have previous knowledge of Police databases
17. Demonstrate experience of working in a confidential and sensitive environment.
18. To have knowledge of relevant legislation (i.e. ECHR, RIPA, Data Protection).
If you are interested in working for the Force and have suitable experience for this role, please apply. The successful applicant will be required to go through the Police vetting process which takes approx 4-6 weeks.