Brook Street are currently recruiting for our Belfast client who require an experienced export clerk to join their growing company.
The client is a leader within Shipping and Freight Forwarding in Northern Ireland, offering services both locally and internationally. Operating over a number of divisions, they now have a requirement for an Export Clerk to join their growing business.
You will be expected to deliver a first-class level of customer service at all times, you will also develop and maintain good relationships with clients to ensure smooth running of operations.
Experience in a previous sea freight role is 100% essential along with a working knowledge of all aspects of export procedures and shipping terminology.
Duties/ Responsibilities/ Criteria
* Working closely with sea freight partners to ensure goods are delivered within agreed time-scales.
* Must have fluency with shipping terminology
* Responsible for liaising with customers regarding delivery estimates
* Responsible for handling exporting of goods
* Booking the sea freight shipments
* Seeing shipments through from start to finish
* Keeping customers informed of status at all times
* Dealing with documentation to ensure the goods can either be received into the country
* Dealing with all the relevant documentation in relation to whether goods can be exported out
* Applicants must have confidence with shipping documentations
* Familiarity with transport at all levels
* Applicants must have strong attention to detail and have the ability to multi-task
* Must be proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook is required
Salary for this role is negotiable and is dependent on previous experience.
Immediate interview for the right candidate
If you are interested in this job them, please apply by sending your CV via the apply link