Brook Street are working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a new Freight Forwarder
The successful candidate should have at least 2-3 years` experience within FCL Ocean Freight and have strong Customer Service skills.
The position would be a complete start to finish role, to include but not limited to:
- Arranging FCL export shipments with various carriers to worldwide destinations.
- Arranging collections with our selected Transport/Liner Shipping Companies.
- Handling order traces, issuing Bills of Lading, Invoices, and possibly sending pre-alerts to overseas offices.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Successful candidate should have at least 2-3 years' experience within FCL Ocean Freight and have strong Customer Service skills.
- An in-depth customs knowledge and the ability to complete Export Customs Entries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Experience at communicating with Shipping Lines (online booking systems), Co-Loaders and Transport Companies.
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good understanding of CNS operating system would be required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard industry practices.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to work occasional overtime as and when required.
- Knowledge of physical loading of containers would be beneficial.
- Good negotiating skills.
A competitive salary will be offered but will be subject to experience.
Please send CV via the apply link