Brook Street are currently seeking a Secretary to work for the Environment Agency in Bridgwater.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Environment Agency as the Secretary to the Wessex Area Leadership Team. Your role will provide comprehensive secretarial and administrative support; such as diary management, organising travel arrangements, preparing documents, managing email in-boxes, handling telephone calls and enquiries, and dealing with requests. We are looking for a highly organised and motivated self-starter, with a strong desire to help improve and protect the environment.
Experience/ skills required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent IT skills, particularly with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- The ability to independently carry out numerous assigned tasks
- The ability to prioritise workload and adapt to changeable deadlines
- The ability to manage a diary and perform administrative tasks
- A positive attitude and a flexible approach to working in a team
Our Customer and Engagement team support engagement with customers across our business and provides secretarial support to our Area Leadership Team. Your role will be supporting two members of that leadership team. We provide advice and support on engagement and customer service, including responding to letters from key stakeholders e.g. MPs and local authorities. The wider team respond to requests for information and ensures commendations and complaints are dealt with effectively. We work in partnership with others to protect and enhance the environment.
Previous experience as a secretary or administrator is advantageous.
This is a temporary assignment provisionally lasting up until October 2020, this is however, subject to change. The role of Secretary is £9.56ph.