Leeds, West Yorkshire
Accountancy and Finance
3 months ago
We are looking for a Secretary to work for our client at the FSA. This role is a temporary 3 month on going assignment to start asap, this would be a full time role covering 37 hours per week Mon-Fri. Remote working would also be considered. The rate of pay will be £15.77 per hour, depending on experience.
Main Purpose of the Post
- Manage the diary of the Chair & Chief Executive to ensure their time is managed effectively, process official FSA correspondence and actively network to enhance the profile of Private Office (PO).
- Work closely with both the Private Secretary to the Chair and the Private Secretary to the Chief Executive, as well as the Head of Parliamentary Business and Correspondence.
- Carry out regular forward looks of the Chair and Chief Executive's diaries to ensure any clashes are picked up and resolved in good time.
- Work closely with the Private Secretary to the Chief Scientific Adviser (CSA) to ensure that the forward look of the CSA ties in with those of the Chair and Chief Executive.
- Take initiative and seek advice on meeting requests, as well as proactively make decisions on when to schedule meeting and be confident in changing meetings arrangements at short notice and juggling the diary when required.
- Make recommendations on travel and accommodation arrangements and other meeting arrangements as required.
- Act as the finance lead for Private Office, ensuring that the budgets for both the Chief Executive and Board cost centres are appropriate and proportionate, working with finance leads across the Strategy, Legal and Governance directorate, as well as reporting to colleagues in FSA Finance.
- Process the expenses of the Chair and Chief Executive, with support from Private Secretaries, and ensure value for money.
- Prepare the quarterly business expenses for the Chair and Chief Executive for publication as part of the FSA's commitment under the government transparency agenda, challenging any anomalies.
- Draft responses to invitations and liaise with a wide variety of people (within the FSA and externally) to arrange meetings.
- Managing the Chair and Chief Executive's briefings for meetings and events with the support of Private Secretaries, as well as take notes of meetings when required.
- Proactively handle official correspondence, identifying the correct official and commissioning responses, to ensure correspondence is answered within 20 working days as required by Whitehall response targets.
- Provide the secretariat for the FSA's Business Delivery Group (BDG), working with the BDG Chair to ensure that meetings run smoothly, papers are commissioned, and actions arising are followed-up.
- Liaise with the business support function in the Strategy, Legal and Governance directorate.
- Provide support for Private Office's strategic planning, including undertaking desk-based research for both the Chair and Chief Executive.
- Maintain accurate filing systems in accordance with records management instructions.
- Develop and review desk instructions and process maps for routine tasks.
- Support PO more widely on other general activities, such as developing new systems and ways of working, engaging in team training goals and assisting with ad hoc projects.