Brook Street is currently working on behalf of our Global IT Client to recruit an experienced Security Administration Officer.
This is a contract role based remotely initially and then in Reading and possibly Cheltenham plus other southern locations on request when safe to do so.
The role is estimated to start in January 2021 on an initial 6 month contract basis.
As a Brook Street contractor you will be entitled to 25 days holiday per annum, 8 days paid Bank Holidays pro rota, use of the onsite facilities, free parking and an excellent subsidised restaurant.
The role is key to our client's UK Public Sector business and underpins all areas of the day to day administrative duties essential to the smooth operation of all aspects of a Secure facility, supporting our client's Secure Business and Service delivery into UK Central Government, Local Government, MOD and Police together with partners.
This is a great opportunity for a confident self-starter to gain new skills and grow into a role in an interesting and well-established team/area.
All of the activities below shall be carried out in line with the UK Government's prescribed policies and processes and Security Policy Framework (SPF).
This role involves the administration of the day-to-day physical and access control for the Secure facility. The key areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Carry out a range of largely reactive security related administrative duties to support The Security Controllers and The Vetting Manager this tasks relate to the operation of a secure facility and security clearances.
- Act as the facility Security SME for facility users and visitors
- Manage and act on items received in the group mailboxes for vetting and the secure facility. Promote and Support the secure use of the facility for classified engagements.
- Verify the legitimate and secure use of the facility.
- Responsible for Escorting contractors for facility maintenance++.
- Keep abreast of defence industry related security issues and provide physical and procedural security advice to our client's staff, Contractors and Customers.
- Attend monthly reviews for the Security Controllers to check workload, compliance, feedback and ensure best practice.
- Provide office cover for the Enigma Security team when unavailable due to other business commitments.
- Assist with security audits, and reviews as required.
Key Success Criteria:
- Ability to gain SC clearance.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities to support the work of others and make the security teams job run more smoothly by helping when needed.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with all levels of personnel; demonstrated ability to change direction in response to changing work situations.
- Familiarity with security risk management principles and know or be able to learn how these apply to the smooth running of a secure facility
- Must be proactive, able to deal with ambiguity, self-prioritise work resources, and juggle multiple tasks in a manner transparent to the team.
- Must have the ability to work independently to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the group.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and ability to accommodate varied working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals.
- Ability to be entrusted with the knowledge and handling of confidential information.
- Should be detail oriented and extremely organised.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with MS O365 applications including Outlook, Word, Teams, Share-point, Excel.
- Administration in business environment.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (outlook and Teams for meetings, PowerPoint, excel and word)
- Knowledge of the Defence Sector, Central and Local Government.
- Good communication skills
- Integrity in all business and security dealings.
- A flexible, self-motivated, honest, punctual and goal-oriented approach.
- Highly focused on compliance to mandated processes with good attention to detail.
- Highly focused on good Customer Experience in providing an excellent service to internal and external customers.
- You will be required to undergo a company Baseline Check to (BPSS) Government standards, this includes a criminal records check.
- UK Security Clearance (SC or above) will be a requirement for this role (This can be applied for if successful or transferred if already held).
Deadline for applications: Friday 30th October