Are you looking for a new role, whilst working in a challenging environment?
Our client in Harwell is looking for a Security Officer to provide a proactive, professional and effective security service to all users of the facilities. This role is within a government organisation and to be considered for this role you need to complete our compliance procedure as well as a DBS security check.
The position is temporary for initially 3 months however; there could be an opportunity for the role to be extended further, offering an hourly rate of £9.95/hour.
Main responsibilities are listed below:
- Adhere to all departmental procedures and Standing Instructions.
- Man security lodge and entrance gates, providing instruction to all enquirers including switchboard calls.
- Control access to site, including automatic access control systems, proximity pass issue and issue of keys.
- Respond appropriately to all types of security incidents and intruders on to site.
- Promote a security culture across site.
- Patrol site on foot and vehicle, both internal and external, maintaining radio contact.
- Fulfil both Security and Health and Safety roles whilst patrolling. Report incidents to management and Safety Health and Environment group.
- Conduct vehicle checks and speed checks.
- Member of Alarm Investigation Team, responding to fire, first aid or other emergencies. Liaise with Emergency Controller Team and support them.
- Register visitors to site, providing site passes and parking permits.
- Assist with general enquires from staff and members of the public.
- Assist with signage, traffic marshalling and directing visitors during events.
- Use IT software including emails, access control system, records and databases.
- Outside of office hours: Represent STFC with a professional and courteous service at all times, responding to switchboard, visitors, taxi requests and general administration. Liaise with call-out engineers/specialists to ensure any faults are responded to appropriately.
- Provide more general support for Estates and Operations team when there is a need to assist.
For this position you must be have a full UK driving licence and a valid first aid at work certificate, issued by an organisation whose training and qualifications are approved by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE); or be prepared to undergo such training
If you are available immediately and this is the ideal role for you, apply now for more details.