I am recruiting for an Accounts Senior or Accounts Semi Senior based in Stoke for an industry leading chartered accountancy firm. They are offering a highly competitive salary and package which is negotiable dependant on experience.
**If you are part qualified and currently studying a professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/AAT) the client will be willing to negotiate taking over payments and clawbacks and continue to support you**
Working as an Accounts Senior/Semi Senior you will be responsible for delivering the very best service to the client's customers, you will be inquisitive and analytical with experience of accounts preparation including management accounts, completing year end, tax returns and other standard accounting reports.
You will work very closely with the customers and also the Client Managers with a varied client base from different industries with turnover ranging from £100,000 up to £10,000,000.
This is both an office and customer facing position so it is essential you are professionally presented with 5 star communication skills and the ability to liaise with people from all walks of life and seniority.
You will be joining a forward thinking, highly modernised, award winning and leading chartered accountancy firm in the UK. If you like the old school ways of working this is not for you; think technology, think innovation, think busy but also think fun, if this is you then this firm are right up your street.
TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES - WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Meeting with clients and analysing their accounts
- Work closely with the Client Managers, feeding back findings from meetings with the clients
- Accounts preparation
- Preparation of management accounts
- Completing year end
- Completing personal tax returns
- Completing corporation tax returns
- Supporting the managers with tax planning
- Using high tech, cloud based software
- Previous experience in a senior or semi-senior accounts role
- ACA, ACCA (qualified or part qualified would be ideal)
- AAT qualified would be considered (1st time pass essential)
- Minimum of 2 A-levels grade B or above (or equivalent)
- GCSE Grade B or above in Maths and English
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years' accounts experience
- Experience within an accountancy practice would be ideal
- Professionally presented with excellent communication skills
- Ability to liaise with people from all walks of life and seniority
- Inquisitive and analytical
- Tech savy including experience of cloud based software (Xero, Sage, Quickbooks would be advantageous)
- Hardworking and reliable with a friendly and sociable personality
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION **
PACKAGE AND BENEFITS
- Highly competitive negotiable salary dependant on experience
- Company performance related bonuses which can be quite lucrative
- Professional qualifications paid for with study time given (AAT, ACA, ACCA - all with high pass rate)
- Company will consider negotiating paying clawbacks if you are part qualified, do not let this stop you from applying!
- Competitive holiday allowance plus all bank holidays
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hour working week between 8am - 6pm (7.5 hours per day)
- Career progression opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Free car parking
- A number of other company benefits including monthly incentives and regular social events
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU? THEN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.
Please send your cv and call Adam or Charlie on 0121 643 6954
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***