An accountancy firm in Cardiff is looking for a Senior Accountant who can take over the day-to-day running of the firm. This is a superb opportunity for someone to move up a stage in their career. This is an Accountant role with leadership expectations and progressions.
You will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of clients and supporting the director with the day to day running of the practice.
This will include being proactive by calling and emailing clients regularly, answering queries and helping them make sense of their finances so they can make meaningful decisions about their business.
The role is to solve our clients' problems and help them to achieve their goals and objectives. What we do on a daily and weekly basis should play a part in doing this and serve to help take the headache and pain away of finances from our clients.
- Preparation and review of limited company, partnership and sole trader accounts
- Preparation of management accounts
- Preparation and submission of VAT Returns
- Corporation Tax and Self Assessment Returns
- Bookkeeping and ad hoc responsibilities
- Supporting junior members of staff
Current experience in a practice setting is essential for this role and the below would be preferable:
- Proficient user of QuickBooks/ Xero and receipt capture apps
- Excellent inter-personal skills (this is hugely important as you will have client contact from day 1)
- 3 years' experience working in an accountancy firm.
- ACCA/ACA qualified. We will also consider candidates qualified by experience and AAT qualified.
The salary is up to £35,000pa
If this sounds like you, please apply and we'll be in contact.