Senior Actuarial Analyst - £50,000 - £55,000 DOE
Do you have experience as an Actuarial Analyst within a Motor Insurance environment?
Are you looking for a more Senior position to develop your career?
My client is looking for a full time Senior Actuarial Analyst to join their team as soon as possible!
Brook Street is pleased to be able to offer the position of a Senior Actuarial Analyst with one of the largest international Insurance providers, who provides household and motor insurance to millions of people. My client is looking for someone to join their Actuarial Motor team within a reserving and pricing role where you will be working closely with other departments within the company such as underwriting, finance and claims.
Who's right for the job?
The role requires someone who is switched on and is a confident communicator. The role will require you to support the current team of analysts and managers in the monitoring and analysis of the performance of the company's motor account and also the evaluation of reserves and monitoring of claims trends. You will ideally have previous experience at a senior level within a similar role, capable of carrying out claims and pricing analysis using a number of appropriate actuarial and statistical methods of analysis.
The responsibilities of the role…
- Carry out and peer review elements of the quarterly and monthly reserve review exercises carried out across the team, as well as additional claims related analysis.
- Ensure production of analysis of Claims performance, identifying trends and features, producing claims projection models, which includes the interpretation and communication of suitable recommendations to Senior Management.
- Working on ad hoc pricing projects with the overall aim of having a direct impact on profitability.
- Leading the departments thinking in the pro-active use of data available and wider insurance business awareness to support the underwriting and claim functions in identifying areas of interest.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of effective statistical models and MI in relation to the company's underwriting performance and pricing strength.
- Assist in the presentation of statistics and reports to Management.
- Model, interpret and monitor business data to identify and confirm market trends, niche product opportunities and new/changing rating factors.
- Make recommendations to Underwriters and Senior Management based on this analysis.
- Provide professional actuarial input in the development and launch of new products.
The skills and knowledge you will need for success;
- Experience in reserving and/or pricing of general insurance lines ideally Motor based
- Part/nearly qualified actuary with a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- A degree level mathematics/ statistics or equivalent
- A high level of understanding of modern actuarial and statistical modelling techniques is essential.
- Knowledge in claims Reserving software, for example ResQ and database and programming packages, for example, SAS.
In return for your hard work, our client offers a competitive salary of £50,000 - £55,000, depending on experience. Working hours are standard office hours. My client also offers a comprehensive range of flexible benefit options including 25 days holiday with the option to buy additional days, company pension, private medical insurance, discounted gym membership and discounts with a wide range of retailers!
Let's get started!
This role is available for a start as soon as possible and interviews will be arranged as soon as possible. This will involve an initial phone call followed by a two stage face to face interview if successful.
For more information or a detailed job specification including responsibilities, please contact Lauren at Brook Street on 02380 224139 or send your CV at .