Role: Senior Admin Assistant, National Asylum Intake Unit (NAIU)
Location: Ramsgate, CT12 5BQ
Shifts: Monday -Sunday, Days/Nights/Earlies/Lates
Temporary Contract of 12 months
Shift patterns are as follows:
- Earlies 07:00 - 17:00 (TMB 16:00-17:00)
- Lates 13:00 - 23:00 (TMB 22:00-23:00)
- Nights 22:00 - 08:00 (TMB 07:00-08:00)
The offer is subject to passing government SC clearance and 3 years reference checks.
We are seeking candidates who:
· Enjoy dealing with members of the public and external and internal partners.
· Able to demonstrate sound interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills and thrives as part of a team.
· Professional and customer-focused.
· Robust at making decisions whilst maintaining a professional manner.
· Able to effectively organise and plan.
· Objective and able to think in an analytically.
· Committed to continuous improvement and thriving in an environment where performance matters.
· Flexible, adaptive and creative in solving problems and dealing with change.
· Meet the high standards of conduct and behaviour when delivering the desired outcome.
About the role and the client:
NAIU processed over 19,808 cases between 1st January and 31st December 2019. That is an additional 4,703 cases, or a 31.13% increase in 2018. Last year, NAIU managed intake consistently above scenario 3 forecasts, on occasion exceeding scenario 4, with an operation resourced to manage intake in line with scenario 2 forecasts.
The main duties of the post include (but are not limited to):
· Prepare and conduct screening or welfare interviews, completing an average of six interviews per day.
· Ensuring screenings (or welfare interviews) are completed and accurately recorded on ATLAS and CID. Interviewing claimants respectfully and professionally being mindful of individual needs, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion probing and investigating as required to elicit all relevant information.
· Ensuring additional questions are asked where appropriate.
· Responding appropriately to potential victims of trafficking and age disputes.
· Referring all cases to the duty manager to agree next actions.
· Identifying applicants with vulnerabilities and signposting these to the RASI safeguarding Team.
· Referring cases to National Asylum Allocations Unit and Detention Gatekeeper as appropriate.
· Referring cases of potential interest to Counter Terrorism Unit, Special Casework Directorate, Intelligence Unit, War Crimes Unit and Defence Debriefing.
· Engage effectively with the Immigration Enforcement's Compliance Team and SERCO officers to ensure a smooth transition of customers through the unit.
· Liaising with NAIU corporate partners such as; Immigration Enforcement, Border Force, Police, Local Authorities, Migrant Help and Refugee Council efficiently and professionally.
· Completing and serving the associated immigration paperwork to support the asylum registration process, including the Immigration Bail process.
· Complete administrative duties on an adhoc basis and other grade appropriate work which will contribute to the work of the whole team.