Role: Senior Admin officer
- Earlies 07:00 - 17:00 (TMB 16:00-17:00)
- Lates 13:00 - 23:00 (TMB 22:00-23:00)
- Nights 22:00 - 08:00 (TMB 07:00-08:00)
Hours 37 hours
Role requires screening asylum seekers via telephone/video call.
We are seeking candidates who:
· Enjoy dealing with members of the public and external and internal partners;
· Able to demonstrate sound interpersonal, communication and relationship-building skills and thrive working as part of a team;
· Professional and customer-focused;
· Robust at making decisions whilst maintaining a professional manner;
· Able to effectively organise and plan;
· Objective and thinking in an analytical manner;
· Committed to continuous improvement and thriving in an environment where performance matters;
· Flexible, adaptive and creative in solving problems and dealing with change; and
· Meet the high standards of conduct and behaviour when delivering the desired outcome.
About the role and the client:
NAIU processed over 19,808 cases between 1st January and 31st December 2019. That is an additional 4,703 cases, or a 31.13% increase in 2018. Last year, NAIU managed intake consistently above scenario 3 forecasts, on occasion exceeding scenario 4, with an operation resourced to manage intake in line with scenario 2 forecasts.
The main duties of the post include (but are not limited to):
· Prepare and conduct screening or welfare interviews, completing an average of six interviews per day.
· Ensuring screenings (or welfare interviews) are completed and accurately recorded on ATLAS and CID. Interviewing claimants respectfully and professionally being mindful of individual needs, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion probing and investigating as required to elicit all relevant information.
· Ensuring additional questions are asked where appropriate.
· Responding appropriately to potential victims of trafficking and age disputes.