Leicestershire Police Force is recruiting for a Senior Administrator/PA (Business Staff Officer) to be based out of Nottingham on a temporary assignment for 12 months. This role is predominantly working from home with travel to meetings.
This opportunity involves supporting the ROCU National Coordinators Office and associated Portfolios advising on emerging policies, practices, legislation whilst
ensuring that specific projects are running to schedule. To ensure that
the performance of SOC is on track and to provide critical feedback on
the performance of the respective portfolios.
- Manage monthly governance meetings across UK policing including diarising for 12 months in advance, including identifying suitable venues with necessary communications access i.e. spider com phone, video link for Teams etc…
- This will likely involve a requirement to travel (paid for) once a month to attend the meetings (if they all revert to in person post Covid?), which may involve overnight stay.
- Commissioning papers and slide packs for the above meetings with attendees in advance and setting deadlines for submissions (plus chasing up the serial offenders who slip!)
- Escalating papers from one meeting into the governance meeting above (we effectively have 3 meeting groups who meet quarterly and they feed into each other, ultimately then into National Police Chiefs Council)
- Working with the Business Admin Officer to ensure meeting venues have transport links, refreshments, accommodation etc…
- Minute the meetings and record actions and decisions.
- Maintain a combined meeting overarching risk register and actions.
- Communicate across the ROCU network and collation of information pertaining to high profile police operations, compiling these into a fortnightly briefing for the Home Secretary and Policing/Security ministers.
- Assisting lead officers on national work streams that emanate out of NPCC and/or Home Office such as 20k Police Uplift, Spending Review, strategy to assist with presentations and collation/dissemination of documents.
- SC enhanced vetting will be required
- Full UK driving license essential
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the relevant experience, please apply. Please be aware the successful candidate will be required to go through the Police vetting process which can take around 4-6 weeks.