Our client is currently seeking 25 staff to start in September.
The main duties of the post include (but are not limited to):
* Capturing biometrics from all claimants in order to support the UKVI Operating Mandate checks. The biometrics will also be used for their asylum registration card
* Completing UKVI Operating Mandate Checks on all claimants
* Ensuring screenings (or welfare interviews for minors) are completed and accurately recorded on CID. Within the screening or welfare interview, interview, ensuring claimants are respectfully and professionally interviewed in consideration of their needs, irrespective of age, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, ethnic origin, race or religion probing and investigating as required to elicit all relevant information
* Ensuring additional questions are asked where appropriate
* Completing the necessary ATLAS and CID actions
* Ensuring accurate, comprehensive and concise minutes both on CID and on file
* Responding appropriately to potential victims of trafficking and age disputes
* Referring all cases to the duty manager to agree next actions
* Identifying applicants with vulnerabilities and signposting these to the RASI safeguarding Team.
* Referring cases to National Asylum Allocations Unit and Detention Gatekeeper as appropriate.
* Referring cases of potential interest to Counter Terrorism Unit, Special Casework Directorate, Intelligence Unit, War Crimes Unit and Defence Debriefing.
* Completing and serving the associated immigration paperwork to support the asylum registration process, including the Immigration bail process.
* Other tasks appropriate to the grade.
Terms and Conditions
Successful candidates will need to undergo Security Check.
These roles are working from home.
Please note, these roles adhere to shift working and attract an annualised hours allowance as detailed below.
Candidates will be required to work 5 shifts per week (5 x 8.24hour shifts) across Monday to Sunday. Possible shift times are given below:
Early: 08:30 - 16:54 (Meal break included)
Late: 14:00 - 22:24 (Meal break included)
The offer of the role is subject to passing checks and 3 years satisfactory references.