You will provide professional, efficient and comprehensive administrative support, carrying out specialist and general office duties, resolve problems and role model best practice. You will provide line management supervision and direction to a team of administrators, ensuring consistency and high standards in service provision.
You will provide a full administrative service to include (as required) typing, email, data entry and create, maintain and back up files and databases to track activities and workload. You will develop and maintain good internal/external stakeholder relations, ensuring all interactions are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and redirect as necessary.
You will develop, maintain and update office filing systems (digital by default) to ensure appropriate and efficient monitoring, tracking and retrieval of records. You will compile, analyse and summarise data to produce a range of management reports, in accordance with business needs, for example course statistics, registrations, financial information including income and cancellation data, and portfolio and assessment submissions.
This role is a 6-month contract, 37 hours a week, Monday to Friday, at College of Policing in Harrogate.
· Ability to take shorthand for Minute taking
· Knowledge of Data Protection and Freedom of Information Legislation
· Knowledge of software packages such as SAP, e-procurement and specialist policing systems if relevant to role
· Knowledge of UK policing environment and Police Services geography
· Previous administrative experience with demonstrable organisational ability and attention to detail.
· Clearly demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
· Experience of scheduling meetings or events, preparing agendas and documentation, taking and drafting accurate minutes.
· Proficient in MS Office applications
· Expert in Minute taking skills
· Expert Proof Reading skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customer-focused attitude and telephone manner
· Excellent standard of planning and organisational ability
· Ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are met
· Ability to work in a pressurised environment dealing with a range of tasks simultaneously
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Please email your CV with the reference "SACOP" or call Ollie on 01904 628741