Brook Street are proud to advertise a temporary position for Ministry of Defence - job title: Senior Administrator - Pewsey, Trenchard Lines Location
The postholder's primary responsibilities are to oversee administrative support to the Armed Forces Families and Safeguarding (AFFS), Defence Childcare Support Team (DCST) in delivering the Wraparound Childcare (WAC) Scheme and providing administrative support to the projects being run by the DCST Early Years advisor.
- Oversee the daily monitoring of the DCST Group mailbox and acting as the first point of contact for all enquiries including, but not limited to, enquiries from applicants and childcare providers. Answer basic WAC pilot FAQs and seek guidance for ones that cannot be answered.
- Ensure up to date records are maintained at all times, including the WAC Master Spreadsheet. Make and implement suggestions for improving/update WAC Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) as required.
- Manage the administration of WAC pilot surveys and provide support to generating WAC management information as required.
- Manage administrative support to the newly formed Early Learning a Childcare Fund and other DCST-led initiatives and projects.
- Identify opportunities to streamline DCST and WAC project processes and exploit innovative ways of operating.
- The postholder will need an eye for detail and the abilities to adopt a flexible and customer focused approach to solving problems, manage conflicting deadlines and develop good working relationships with internal stakeholders. The postholder must be a self-starter who is able to work equally well as part of a team or using their own initiative.
- This is a new post in a new team and the remit of the team is evolving. The postholder may be expected to undertake other duties as required and appropriate to the grade, including general administrative tasks for the DCST including:
- Taking and distributing minutes of meetings and send out agendas and papers etc
- Support with research and note taking
- Sharing communications materials
- The postholder reports to SO2 Stakeholder Engagement, DCST.
- Oversee daily monitoring DCST Group Mailbox first point of contact for all enquiries; forwarding queries to relevant person when unable to address queries.
- Answer basic WAC pilot FAQs and seek guidance for ones that cannot be answered.
- Maintain the WAC application Master Data Sheet.
- Make suggestions for improving/update the WAC SOP as required.
- Administer WAC pilot surveys.
- Help generate WAC management information as required.
- Other administrative duties as required include:
- Book meetings (face to face and virtual).
- Take and distribute minutes of meetings and send out agendas and papers etc.
- Prepare packs for meeting attendees (when meeting face to face).
- Support with research and note taking.
- Help with travel arrangements / hotel bookings as required.
Pay rate: £13.70/hour, this role is full time (37.30 hrs per week)
Flexible working is available as well as part-time.
Location: MOD - Trenchard Lines - Upavon, Pewsey, SN9 6BE
Length of assignment: the period allocated to the booking is from 10/01/21 - 31/03/21
*The offered candidate is subject to a vetting and DBS check.