We are currently recruiting for a Senior Application Support Analyst to join a law enforcement organisation based in North West London.
Your main duties will include:
- Provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions.
- Investigation and resolution of issues and performance monitoring.
- Providing advice or training to users, by devising corrections (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or sitespecific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements.
- Collaborating closely with the system's developers and/or colleagues specialising in different areas, such as Database administration or Network support
- You must be educated to degree level or equivalent and accredited to ITIL Foundation Level or higher
- You will have extensive exposure in an application analyst role supporting one or more core business applications, ideally in a 24x7 environment
- You will have knowledge and practice of application management tools and techniques.
- You will have strong understanding of liaising and working across multiple technical teams within the support environment
- You need good exposure to HR working practices and polices
- You are required to have knowledge of application interfacing tools and techniques
Software knowledge requirements:
- MS Active Directory, Basic Awareness
- Oracle Data Base Administration (v9, 10 and 11), Working Experience
- Oracle Discoverer, Extensive Experience
- Oracle eBusiness Suite, Subject matter depth and breadth
- Oracle Internet Directory and middleware products, Extensive Experience
- PL SQL, Working Experience
- SQL Developer (or similar GUI based DB viewer), Extensive Experience
- UNIX Operating System, Working Experience
Please note: Due to the employment checks carried out by this organisation, you must have been in the UK for the last 5 years and have not spent more than 6 months at one time out of the UK in this 5 year period.
Apply now to be considered for this rare opportunity to join a leading law enforcement government organisation!