Our client is a leading global specialist Software organisation who are seeking an experienced senior developer who is proficient in working with the Microsoft Business Intelligence and Azure technologies. In this role you will engage with stakeholders effectively to fully understand business processes and what is required from the technical solution, working largely with Microsoft BI technologies from an ETL, Reporting, Analysis and hosting perspective, all within the azure cloud. The ideal candidate will have experience in leading a small team, with a passion for doing so and a desire to provide technical expertise going forward.
You should have strong communication skills to be able to collaborate with all levels of stakeholders and be able to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
1. Progress the development of our live Cloud based reporting & analytics platform using Data Factories, Logic Apps, Analysis Services Tabular Models and Power BI
2. To maintain and develop (where necessary) the existing ETL solution to meet the reporting needs of the business and our clients.
3. Full ownership of end to end ETL process
4. Agile/Scrum methodologies
Essential Experience / Skills
1. Proven experience within the full Microsoft BI Stack including Analysis Services Tabular
2. Strong expertise in cloud technologies specifically with MS Azure (e.g. data factory, data bricks, SQL DW)
3. Proficiency with the Microsoft Power BI (DAX, On-premise and embedded service, data modelling, security modelling and service provisioning,)
4. SQL Server Data Warehouse design and maintenance
5. Understanding of data flows and lineage and able to implement these using ETL tools
Nice to have skills
1. Data Science technologies (R, Python)
2. Exposure to Machine Learning / Predictive analytics
3. Microsoft Certification
4. Software Asset Management knowledge preferred but not essential.
5. Ability to challenge current norms in order to deliver a solution fit for the future